GIS Day 2014 at the University of Oklahoma, Nov 13th 2014
If you use geospatial technologies (remote sensing, global positioning system and geographic information system) or conduct spatial data analysis in your research or course projects, please enter a poster that showcases your research activity. Undergraduate students, graduate students, post-doctoral research associates, research scientists and faculty members are encouraged to participate.
Participation include a free lunch, T-shirt and poster mounting!
Enter to Win prizes! - Free Printing for first 10 entries*
Participation includes lunch, t-shirt and poster mounting!
Student poster contest
Undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State University are eligible to participate
- Three prizes will be given in both the undergraduate and graduate categories.
- First Prize:$200 prepaid debit card
- Second Prize: $100 prepaid debit card
- Third Prize: $50 prepaid debit card
Winners will be announced and awards given at the GIS Day Expo.
Registration deadline: Friday, November 7th
Poster submission deadline Thursday, Monday, November 10th, submit to Melissa Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format sized as specified below.
How to participate
- Complete and submit the registration form below by November 7th. You will receive a confirmation email.
- Prepare your poster to show your research activities. The content of your poster can range from preliminary results to the ready-for-submission-to-journal results. *Free printing is available for the first 10 entries, your confirmation email will notify you if you are eligible for free printing and proivide more information.
- Poster size is 48-inch in width and 36-inch in height.
- Submit your poster in electronic form by November 10th.
- Display your poster by 10:00am at the GIS Day Expo on 11/20/2014. Easels, form board and adhesive materials will be provided to all participants on site
- Attend your poster from 10:30am - 12:00pm to meet students and judges
Evaluation and Criteria
Entries will be evaluated by faculty judges from the GIS Day Expo committee.
Evaluation criteria is available at OU GIS Day Scorecard.
Please provide the following information to complete your registration. A confirmation email will be sent to you after your poster registration is approved.