GIS Day 2013 at the University of Oklahoma, Nov 20th 2013
If you use geospatial technologies (remote sensing, global positioning system and geographic information system) in your research or course projects, please enter a poster that showcases your research activities.
Enter to Win prizes!
Participation includes lunch, t-shirt and poster mounting!
Free Printing for first 10 entries
Undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Oklahoma are eligible to participate
- Three best posters will be given in both the undergraduate and graduate categories.
- First Prize:Chrome Book
- Second Prize: $100 pre-paid debit card
- Third Prize: $50 pre-paid debit card
Winners will be announced and awards given at the GIS Day Expo.
Registration deadline: Monday, November 11th 2013
Poster submission deadline for free printing (first 10 entries): Thursday, November 14th, submit to Melissa Scott at email@example.com
How to participate
- Complete and submit the registration form below.
- Prepare your poster to show your research activities. The content of your poster can range from preliminary results to the ready-for-submission-to-journal results. Free printing is available for the first 10 entries.
- Poster size is 48-inch in width and 36-inch in height.
- Display your poster by 10:00am at the GIS Day Expo on 11/20/2103. Easels form board and adhesive materials will be provided to all participants on site
- Attend your poster from 10:30am - 12:00pm (noon) to meet students and judges
Evaluation and Criteria
Entries will be evaluated by faculty judges from the GIS Day Expo committee.
Evaluation criteria is available at OU GIS Day Scorecard.
Please provide the following information to complete your registration. A confirmed email will be sent to you after your poster registration is approved.
- For technical questions on poster preparation and evaluation, please contact Dr. Keith Brewster (firstname.lastname@example.org) who leads the Student Poster Contest.
- For printing contact Melissa Scott (email@example.com).
- For accommodations on the basis of disability contact Melissa Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org